14 January 2009

Amen


This is my church. My church. This is the church where I was baptized. This is the church where I was confirmed in a ridiculously silly white dress with SHOULDER PADS and my first pair of pumps. They were white. White pumps. Yowza. Oh! And I had bangs. Can you picture this? Don't want to? I don't blame you...I was there...it wasn't fashion-forward, to say the least. And so this is the church I went to when I was at home with my parents and my grandparents and all those people I shared Washington-on-the-Brazos with, and this is where I got married.


This picture was taken the day I got married. It was a beautiful day. I am appreciative of that now; I do believe I took it for granted on the actual day.


When I look at this picture, I have an instant memory....


I'm in junior high, and I'm standing in a pew towards the back of the church with my friend. I believe it was during Bible School one summer, shortly before school started.


And she goes:


"Hey...guess what! I'm going to the New Kids on the Block concert tomorrow night!!!"


P.S. She's wearing a New Kids on the Block t-shirt during this exchange.


And I thought:


"That is so incredibly cool."


And now, I know how wrong I was.

2 comments:

  1. why have you updated your blog like 15 times since i last updated mine?? i can find only a few possibilities for the answer to this question...
    1. you don't have a 1 year old living in your house that seems to be eternally all hopped up on mountain dew.
    2. you blog at work. we all know the truth. laura sleeps and you blog. sinners.
    3. you have taught sugar-bear and nelopers to transcribe and you call them midday with your thoughts and they do your typing for you.
    4. you are superwoman.

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT'S #4!

    You wanna see my cape?

    ReplyDelete