10 February 2009

"Rendition"



Rendition. It's one of the first movies we rented through Netflix. Rendition means.... I have no idea what Rendition means. I'll look it up later.

I really figured, when B first mentioned this movie, that I would have heard about it, what with the popular cast of characters and all...Reese Witherspoon, Jake G., Meryl Streep...but no. Never heard of it.

And I'm sorry if I spelled any of their names wrong. You see I didn't even attempt Gyllenhalasldkjfios.

I'd have to say I enjoyed the American-based scenes of the movie the best. With the comforting images of family, hearth, home, and Howard Johnson. I always get a little anxious watching stuff filmed in fighting, foreign lands.

I want to scream at the TV: "JUST GET OUT! You know something bad is going to happen!"

Kind of like during horror movies. We all know that the blonde chick in the stilletos should NOT go outside in the middle of the night to see what that thumping noise was, because that equals Freddy Krueger and a pitchfork or something, and she'll end up running and screaming, and then my eyes will be closed, and then I'll be too afraid to go to the bathroom alone for the rest of the night.

Oh, and I almost forgot....

Rendition is the act of rendering; especially the act of surrender, as of fugitives from justice, at the claim of a foreign government; also, surrender in war.

It means just stay home is what it means.

No comments:

Post a Comment