30 September 2010

Just Between Us

There's my sweetie! Check out those angel wings.... She's strapped in, wondering when the truck officially takes off, and hoping we get back in time for chow.... She turned seven weeks old yesterday, and I have to say...I'm still living in the fog of her sweetness! There are some days where she does everything by a schedule, and I get everything done for the day like Martha Stewart in a 30-minute T.V. show. And then there are the other days...the days when she seems to take only fifteen minute naps...the days where it's nearly four, and I STILL haven't showered or brushed my teeth (Good thing she doesn't seem to mind....)...the days when I stare at her in her swing and go, "Where did this BABY come from?!" Absolutely, without a doubt, no questions asked, the HARDEST thing I've ever had to do...and the most life-changing. I just thought puberty, high school, boys, finals, college, jobs, the workforce, money, and grown up life was tough; I didn't have a clue. I keep wondering if the proper authorities know that I have a baby in here, and I'm taking care of her all by myself.... But then I go get her after her nap or out of her crib, and she looks at me, sees me, and smiles this HUGE toothless, gummy grin and yawns and sighs, and I come undone. It's pretty cool. I'm just glad she has no idea that I have no idea what I'm doing. Shhh...nobody tell her. It'll be our secret....

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/04/2010

    You know exactly what you're doing and you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! How she looks just like Brady!!! She is absolutely ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete