06 May 2011

What I Wanna Know

How many hours of sleep do you get every night, and despite the amount, do you still wake up tired?

Do you still find yourself blinking every three seconds at your computer, downing caffeine, eating yourself awake, running into doorways, zoning out while driving, overdosing on Visine, and bemoaning to everyone you come in contact with: I'm soooooooo sleeeeeeeeeeeeepy! to the point of tiring of your own voice?

I don't do any of that.

Last night, for example, I went to bed about 10:00 and didn't wake up until 6:10 AM! Which is kind of late for me, considering everything I have to get done in the morning before leaving at 7:20 (a pipe dream) to get to work by 8:00.... But I was still so zonkered. Why? Well, I did wake up for about five minutes around midnight...and again around 3:30, because I thought I heard talking (that's not spooky at ALL)...and for sure at four-ish, when the baby cried out (many thanks and extra sugar in your tea, babe, for getting up with her!) - and of course I tried to stay awake until B came back to bed, just in case they needed me.

Seriously? They don't need me.

So, am I tired because of all the waking up? Is it because I'm not sleeping as soundly, since I'm listening for the baby?

Is it allergies or sinus pressure?

Is it because I actually need 14 hours of sleep every night to function? Or because my body is so used to zero sleep that I work better with less?

This conundrum is keeping me up at night.

Please don't tell me it's because I don't eat enough spinach or whole wheat stuffs.

Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you threw in that part about eating right. I don't agree with that at all. I ask myself the same question every morning after falling asleep with the kids at 9 ish and then getting up at 6:00. You would think that was enough sleep, but no. I am still yawning and dreaming about that nap I could be getting if I was at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said nap, and I immediately started drooling.

    Is that bad?

    ReplyDelete