19 May 2011

What I Wore Wednesday

It's not Wednesday. Wednesday was yesterday. Of this, I am well aware.

What else am I well aware of? The fact that I'm wearing the exact same, plum-colored, 3/4 length sleeved shirt as the last time I did one of these "posts." That can't be good.

In addition, I'm sporting some light khaki SLACKS (Hi, Mama!) and dressy flip-flops. Using the word dressy makes them okay for work, with SLACKS. I specifically remember buying the pants at Dillard's on clearance. They were a little baggy, but I figured most of my BLOUSES (Hi again, Mama!) would cover the extra bag. The length and the color and the price were so perfect, though - and my need for pants so great - that I got them. And guess what?

The bag left town.

They are no longer my baggy pants. They are my pants that fit just right. Whoever thought that good-fitting pants would be such a letdown? I know why they fit, though...because I insist on drying them in the hot, hot dryer, where everything shrinks. Except the length of pants, because that is still the same.

Curious, isn't it?

I can also attest to the fact that the pants are right over four years old. How do I know that? Because I just noticed on my calendar that a third cousin of mine is celebrating her 4-year wedding anniversary on Thursday, and I bought the pants shortly before her wedding. I know this, because that was the first time I wore them: to her wedding. Don't worry! I dressed 'em up...dressy shirt, heels, that sorta thing.

Weirdo that I am, I also remember standing outside the church after the ceremony with my parents, and my mom says to me: "Are those The New Pants?" (You see...I buy clothes so rarely, it's a family event.)

"Yes."

"They look nice!"

The end.

The flipper floppers weren't even a personal purchase, although they are quite a bit newer than everything in my closet. My sister bought them for me right before Baby K arrived on scene, from The Target. Very cute...with a fabric top that is multi-colored dark greens and browns. And I know what you're thinking: how do those match?

Trust me; they match. And do you know why they match? They match, because I don't have any plum-colored or brown shoes [GASP!], so green meshes nicely. I told the shoes just this morning, "You're gonna match, and you're gonna like it."

Saving grace? My purse is also green...the purse my motha bought for me, also from The Target. So see? I match perfectly.

Not unlike the matching skills I put to use in this outfit:

I just noticed for the very first time that Mama is behind me there, fidgeting with something or other. Making sure I don't come apart, I guess.

I'm also sitting here realizing that I'm going to have to tote my green purse to the bathroom and to the copy room, so that everyone at work will know that my shoes match.

BIG. SIGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment