29 January 2014

The Fish Can't Help It

This is disdain:

This is the opposite of disdain:

I know these pictures don’t do any of us any favors, but the family was in the middle of bulldozing and working hard. Well, some of the family was…some of us just showed up for the fishing break. And some of us showed up just because we show up in case there is food other than freshly caught fish:

I rest my case.

And I can’t believe we all actually went out to my parents’ tank to fish and didn’t pack Cheese Puffs and Chips Ahoy. I mean, not a snack cake in sight. What happened that day?

I don’t remember.

Because I lied yesterday. The oldest pictures I’ve yet to blog about are NOT from a mere two years ago or so…they are pre-baby.

I can’t tell you how many brain cells and senses I’ve lost since then, namely my memory. If it’s not written down, it doesn’t exist on this plane.

But memory intact or not, the fact that we gathered without snacks is a stunning disappointment.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/14/2014

    Yo, where's the picture of B sitting in your lap from this day?? That's a classic worth sharing! If you don't have it I bet I do somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't wanna frighten the fish....

      Delete